Building on VS2008

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Building on VS2008

Just because it took me ages to figure it out I thought I might just mention the problems compiling the code "as is " on VS 2008.

1) "LuaPlus::" needs to be appended to all the references to "LuaPlus" objects in files like LuaStateManager.cpp etc (probably a well placed "using" should do the trick I guess?)

2) you will need to recompile the LuaPlus_1100.lib/.dll (debug and release) the project files are inside the 3rdParty/LuaPlus directory, and they seem to upgrade from 2005->2008 with no problems.

That should get the whole thing working. Its just up to you to get it working "right".

I am really enjoying the book btw. A veteran of many "how-to" coding books, I found this one a lot more relevant to me. It was able to bridge the gap between the theory of writing bits of code and the reality of how it all might fit together.

Thanks.
    • RE: Building on VS2008

Glad you're enjoying the book!

We originally whore the code in VS 2005 so when VS 2008 came out, we a bunch of these types of issues came. Mike made a bunch of fixes to get it to work for VS 2008 and (I think) VS 2010 which fixed a lot of these issues. I assume you downloaded it using SVN and got latest 3rd party zip file as well? If so, we could have missed the namespacing issue.

-Rez