Boost 1.45 Problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Boost 1.45 Problems

So I am trying to follow your instructions on getting the all of the v3.0 source code to compile. I've been following along with all of your instructions on how to get GCC3 to run in Visual Studio 2010, the June DirectX SDK and the boost 1.45.

At first, before using boost 1.45 I was getting the error talked about in this post: mcshaffry.com/GameCode/thread.…ight=binary&hilightuser=0 where when I tried to run the program I would get

Unable to start program
      path\...\Source\..\Libs\GameCode3.lib
      The specified file is an unrecognized or unsupported binary format.

I had none of the linker errors described in the post though. So I imagined it was using an older version of boost, so I compiled the 1.45 libraries and when I try to use them I get this error about 30 or so times:

1>\boost_1_45_0\boost/thread/locks.hpp(85): error C2958: the left parenthesis '(' found at 'c:\users\maza8784\desktop\boost_1_45_0\boost\thread\locks.hpp(85)' was not matched correctly
      1> C:\Users\maza8784\Desktop\boost_1_45_0\boost/thread/locks.hpp(91) : see reference to class template instantiation 'boost::detail::has_member_lock<T,true>' being compiled
      1>\boost_1_45_0\boost/thread/locks.hpp(85): error C2988: unrecognizable template declaration/definition
      1>\boost_1_45_0\boost/thread/locks.hpp(85): error C2059: syntax error : '<end Parse>'
      1>\boost_1_45_0\boost/thread/locks.hpp(85): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

The base of code I began using before this from the test branch so there isn't the namespace conflict with LuaPlus that I know of anymore. What went wrong and how should I try to fix this? Any ideas?
    • RE: Boost 1.45 Problems

Did you try renaming the V(x) macro in DXUT? I saw this exact same problem and renamed it to VVV(x), and the issue went away. I did of course have to rebuild everything since that stuff is in precompiled headers....
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot