A question about setting up the compiler

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A question about setting up the compiler

I've been reading through the book, and after reading a portion of it, I decided I would restart my game engine that I've been trying to make for almost a year now with little success (that is very much the reason I wanted this book). I read the section about setting up your build targets correctly, but I have a few questions. On page 90 and 91, it has some macros that should be used on various settings for all configurations. Normally, there wouldn't be a problem, but I believe the settings for Visual Studio were designed for 2005, and I'm using 2010. Most of the settings aren't a problem, but there are a few that deal with the C/C++ section of the build configuration, but those sections don't exist in VS 2010, or at least not under the build configuration settings. Is there any way to access those settings, or do I not even need to worry about it?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never really bothered to learn an enormous amount about all the compiler settings available since the only things I ever need to do is set include and library directories.

EDIT: Never mind, I solved it. VS 2010 won't show certain property pages unless you have a corresponding file in the project. I had no .cpp files in the project, therefore there were no settings available for C or C++.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gandalf20000 ().