Borderless, titleless, full-screen version

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Borderless, titleless, full-screen version

Mr Mike, did you mention in your book where to create a borderless, titleless, fullscreen window version of the game? For the life of me I can't find it. Can you please point me to the page? I've looked at Ch. 5 pages several times now, the chapter where I thought I read it late last night.
      Chris
      VS 2008
      MS Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    • RE: Borderless, titleless, full-screen version

It uses the DirectX Framework to do that - find the call to DXUTCreateWindow in GameCode.cpp.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • I was reading a DirectX book and that may have been where I saw a concrete example, and not on your book.

Incidentally I was going to start another thread regarding the DirextX framework.

In Ch. 5, p. 121 you say "The place where all Windows applications start is _tWinMain. I've decided to use the DirectX Framework for rendering...."

Seems like you can write a whole new section between those two statements that would explain that the normal Win32 application will have a _tWinMain that will do this, and then go through sample code on how to start the game code with this approach, and then show the DirectX way.

I'm commenting this since I'm starting a new Win32 application, and I'm trying to make the same leap, and hoping to use your examples as a bridge. However, your _tWinMain looks so different that the one generated by VS2008.
      Chris
      VS 2008
      MS Vista Home Premium 32-bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by ChrisF ().