LuaPlusD_1100.dll not found

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LuaPlusD_1100.dll not found

Hi,

I've installed everything as instructed, and it all compiles fine, but when I try to run I get a popup window

TeaptWarsd.exe - Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because LuaPlusD_1100.dll was not found. Re-instal;lling the application may fix this problem.

Any idea what my problem is please?

Thanks,
      Paul

PS Great book btw!
    • RE: LuaPlusD_1100.dll not found

Hi all, I'm having the same issue... any suggestions?

I did find this note on the Google Code updates:

The original LuaPlusD_1100.dll didn't work for me (TeapotWarsd.exe couldn't find
      the manifest), so I've recompiled it (it's now around 100kb bigger, so I guess
      there really was something missing) and now it's working.

*EDIT* The URL to the change is: code.google.com/p/gamecode3/source/detail?r=10

Any takers? I'm at work now, so I can't really try anything until i get home later :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by jxk254 ().

• I had exactly the same issue and was able to resolve it by recompiling the Lua library and copying the output to the Bin folder.

Open (GameCode3Dir)\Source\3rdParty\LuaPlus\Src\LuaPlus\LuaPlus.vs2005.vcproj

Try compiling and you'll get 3 errors. Just add the LuaPlus namespace to the calls, e.g., LuaState_UserStateOpen_Internal = LuaPlus::LuaState_UserStateOpen_Internal.

Recompile and copy (GameCode3Dir)\Source\3rdParty\LuaPlus\Bin\LuaPlusD_1100.dll to (GameCode3Dir)\Bin.

That should do it. For a more detailed discussion of the issue check out this post: mcshaffry.com/GameCode/thread.php?sid=&postid=7746#post7746
    • Tried re-building Lua just now. I didn;t get any compilation errors, but it did rebuild the dll (it's bigger now - 484k vs. 228k.

I copied it into the GAmeCode3/Bin directory, re-compiled Teapotwars and..... same problem as before... still get the pop up saying it cannot find LuaPlusD_1100.dll - sigh...

Any other ideas please?
    • What IDE are you using? I'm running VS2008. I read someone else that also didn't get the compilation errors in VS2005. Incidentally, if anyone can explain this discrepancy to me I have a very special digital cookie for you :D

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to let you know.
    • How about setting your working directory to Bin, and not Test???

Does the same thing happen if you compile the release build and run the game from Windows Explorer?
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • A little progress... going to a release build, and making sure the .dll is in the same folder works. Must be something w/ the debug setup. I'll mess around w/ it some more later.... bed time for now though.

Oh, also, if the debug points to bin (where the .dll is) you get an initialization error instead.

*Edit*

Just read the whole piece by turing on the VS2008 issue and assembly 9 for this .dll. I don't have time to try that for a bit, but I'm fairly confident that would solve my issue, as it perfectly matches what I'm seeing and makes perfect sense. Thanks all!

The post was edited 1 time, last by jxk254 ().

• How about setting your working directory to Bin, and not Test???

Setting the working dir to Test gives : "The application has failed to start because LiaPlusD_1100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

Setting the working dir to Bin gives : "Error 6502: Language DLL not found (some chinese looking chars). Please reinstall from your original CD."

Does the same thing happen if you compile the release build and run the game from Windows Explorer?
      Yes

Both the DEbug and RElease verious show the same problems.

Copying the dll files from Bin to Test, and setting working dir to TEst give :"
      Setting the working dir to Bin gives : "Error 6502: Language DLL not found (some chinese looking chars). Please reinstall from your original CD."

So I'm still stuck...
    • So - the LuaPlusD_1100.dll file should exist in the test directory. It was precompiled, and checked in with the project.

If your working directory in your debug settings is set to "..\Bin", then try one more thing for me - perhaps the LandD.dll file doesn't exist and you just need to rebuild that project?

Right click on the Lang project in the Solution Explorer and rebuild the Debug version of Lang. Then try running again.

I did this myself with a clean download and got exactly the same results as you did - so hopefully this will work.
      Mr.Mike
    • Hi Mike,

rebuilding Lang gets me somewhere :)

I can now start the game... but once I shoot a bullet that looks like it's going to hit the AI teapot, I crash...

Assertion failed!

Program : blahblahblah/teapotwars.cpp Line 429

Expression: actor && "No such actor!"

I guess I can try to start debugging that myself...

Thanks for the help - at least I can see something now!
    • Debug that a bit and when you get some more info start a new thread on it!
      Mr.Mike