3D Engines: Renderware by Criterion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 3D Engines: Renderware by Criterion

[IMG:images/includes/renderware.bmp]

Renderware is the top dog of licensable 3D game engine technology. If you've got a cross platform title and don't have time to write your own optimized renderer for the PS2, give Criterion a call.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • RE: 3D Engines: Renderware by Criterion

I hate to dash your hopes dood - but only folks with money should contact Renderware. I've been trying to get them to release an old copy for those wishing to learn how to use Renderware, but those discussions are still, as we say, ongoing.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Why wouldn't they do that? That's something I don't understand. It would be in their benefit to release some freeware version of their SDK that would give people a chance to play with it.

If they're worried about people taking that work and making their own engine, they could simply hide all of the pertinent stuff inside DLL's, and bake their logo onto the drawing surface for the freeware "learning" version of their SDK.

Oh well... I'm done ranting.
    • Hey, I can't post a new thread in this group!?

Has anyone tried kjAPI? It looks extremely powerful and free (license fee is negotiable if you sell your game using it):

kjapi.com/

It's almost brand new (late last year release). We're still looking at it right now, but I was wondering if there are any opinions on it?

mw
      Blucast Corporation