PhysX 2.3 Code Problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PhysX 2.3 Code Problem

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting teapot wars to compile on my system.

1>.\Physics\Physics.cpp(788) : error C2039: 'broadPhase' : is not a member of 'NxSceneDesc'
      1> c:\program files (x86)\ageia technologies\ageia physx sdk\v2.6.4\sdks\physics\include\NxSceneDesc.h(317) : see declaration of 'NxSceneDesc'
      1>.\Physics\Physics.cpp(788) : error C2065: 'NX_BROADPHASE_COHERENT' : undeclared identifier
      1>.\Physics\Physics.cpp(789) : error C2039: 'collisionDetection' : is not a member of 'NxSceneDesc'
      1> c:\program files (x86)\ageia technologies\ageia physx sdk\v2.6.4\sdks\physics\include\NxSceneDesc.h(317) : see declaration of 'NxSceneDesc'

These are the 3 errors I'm getting with the GameCode2 project. I followed the directions in the readme as closely as possible but I am having a hell of a time finding the 2.3.1 SDK. Any suggestions?
    • That's one reason why Mike switched to the Bullet physics engine in the 3rd edition. The PhysX API changes alot, so if you really want to get the 2.3 version running you can either integrate it with a newer PhysX version or try to find the old (working) one somewhere on the net.

Or you grab yourself the GCC3 codebase :)

P.S. Yes, I know that at the time of writing this posting the GCC3 code base is not yet publicly available, but it won't be long :)
    • It will be out in a matter of days...

:)
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot