Nice reading "Notes on programming"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nice reading "Notes on programming"

Hi,

recently I discovered a great ebook from Alexander Stepanov, it's called Notes on programming and is about programming in general, but to show his ideas he's using C++ (actually I think this book is not really useful if you don't know C++, because the other popular languages make it a lot harder to apply his concepts) to show them or the problems they're trying to solve.
      If you haven't done some serious C++ programming in a while, like me, it's also great to get some refresh on the traps in it :)
      It's also very interesting to hear from someone like him what he thinks is wrong with some C++ concepts (and he's right!), especially the standard library and standars in general.

In case you don't know who Alexander Stepanov is, he is the one who designed the STL!
    • Excellent, just what I needed! I've been coding mostly in C lately, and I was looking for some new reading while entering the mighty land of c++ once again(or something like that)...

Thanks!
      "There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? Why do they want to spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?"
      -Douglas Adams