General Help Please!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• General Help Please!!!

Ok I am using VS.NET 2003 (Not VC++ 2005 express anymore).

I have loaded the code up and followed the Instructions.

I have compiled the code in the NoPhysic-Debug and only get a warning (TeapotWars warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:NxPhysics.dll ignored; no imports found from NxPhysics.dll
      ) which I suspect should happen?

When I hit F5 to run the program nothing happens and I can not figure out what is going wrong.

Any advice would be great (VS.Net is new to me). :D
      Games are for Life :)
    • RE: General Help Please!!!

The no physics target is a build without any physics, which is used to move the teapots (and the camera) around.

If it is working correctly you should see the scene with a couple of completely still teapots.

Is that what you see?
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot

Hi Mike first thanks for taking time out to answer my question.

What I have done is in the Build -> Configuration Manager the 4 project are set as NoPhysic-Debug.

When I attempt to build the project(s) I get an error

TeapotWars fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '\Projects\GameCode v2.3\Test\LangNoPhysics-Debug.lib'

I know in the readme_devsetup it states in the VS.NET that the teapotwars config should be set as All configuration which you can't do if in the NoPhysic-Debug setting.

I'm really not to sure where else to look?

Aurelius :(
      Games are for Life :)

Originally posted by Aurelius
      Hi Mike first thanks for taking time out to answer my question.

What I have done is in the Build -> Configuration Manager the 4 project are set as NoPhysic-Debug.

When I attempt to build the project(s) I get an error

TeapotWars fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '\Projects\GameCode v2.3\Test\LangNoPhysics-Debug.lib'

I know in the readme_devsetup it states in the VS.NET that the teapotwars config should be set as All configuration which you can't do if in the NoPhysic-Debug setting.

I'm really not to sure where else to look?

Aurelius :(

Well i'm using VS 2005 so it may be a little different. But trying building the Lang project. I believe doing so will place the LangNoPhysics-Debug.lib file in the Test folder. Apparently it does for me.

I have a question to add, though. I'm able to build Teapot Wars just fine (NO-PHYSICS Debug, though, i'm having major issues trying to compile PhysX and i'll pose that question in another thread), however, the game doesn't even begin to run after trying to run the executable. I can either double click on the executable, or try to run it through Visual Studio, and absolutely nothing happens.

I'm supposed to get a screen with two teapots that don't move, correct?

EDIT: Nevermind, it got Teapot Wars running. Now I just need to PhysX to compile!!!

The post was edited 2 times, last by binaryV ().