heeelp

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best gui? 1
        Other (0) 0%
        Win32 (0) 0%
        wxWidgets (1) 100%
        FOX (0) 0%
      After you create objects with opengl how do you
      delete them? ?( :D
      If you fail do not fret... Just destroy the evidence and imprison the witnesses.

I used to hate cellphones but now I hate car accidents -Norma Jean
    • See people have viewed, no reply...
      Do you have any information of intrest need not apply to my last question
      If you fail do not fret... Just destroy the evidence and imprison the witnesses.

• Sorry man, I don't know much about using OpenGL. I'm much more knowledgeble in DirectX. DirectX using a reference counting system, so there's a Release() call that needs to be made for each object you create. OpenGL might have something similar. This is just a guess though...

-Rez
    • From my expierience there isn't much of a way of identifying each vertex but it's said to have been done so thanks anyway

• Not sure if it's a good idea to bring up an old thread, but generally there should be an associated Delete function, just check the OpenGL API reference manual.

edit
      As for the Poll, I would actually recommend GTK by itself rather than wxWidgets. As for Windows, you can distribute the required GTK libs and such with your app if you don't want to worry about whether users have GTK installed or not. Otherwise you might wanna look into QT.

I should also mention that you can now build your GUI's visually for GTK with Glade3, but be sure to read the documentation or a guide before jumping into things. I can refer you to some tutorials and such if you like not only for building a GUI, but implementing them in code.

Generally, as ya probably know, GTK and QT are the most well known and well supported cross platform GUI systems.

The post was edited 4 times, last by yosh64 ().