Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Yeah, so i read Gerry's profile and i wanted to make a topic off of it so here it is...

I was reading that it's what, 4 times larger then Vice City? my only worrie is this: True Crime had an unbeliveable huge city but it just got frustrating trying to find places not to mention learn the streets... i dont want GTA to turn into something like that... Vice City was large, but something that i still was able to learn...

Posatives: (So many but i'll try to list a few):
      - The people of GTA seemed to have finally learned how to swim!
      - Being ablt to see the character develope will be a nice thing... Makes you connect a little more.
      - Great Looking Enviorments!
      - rag doll physics where "enemies should fall to the ground in a painfully realistic fashion."
      - Many more vehicles! Said to have expanded in both directions from the Vice City selection from bikes to planes.

Looking for:
      - Great names again such as Ray Liotta and Jenna Jameson :] ...
      - do a drive by then pedal away on my bike.
      - XBOX?!?!?!

P.S.: Does anyone know for sure that it will be released on xbox and if it is the same release date as for ps2?
      P.P.S. : What would that release day be?
      Wort wort wort.
    • OK just for posterity, here is my old sig:
      Only five more months of sleeps to go!!!!!!! I really hope it's ready by then! BMX riding in da hood, how cool will that be. I'm so glad they decided to make this one recent, maybe the story line will be good again like in Liberty.

In relation to the level size worries that you have, I'll say this... The gameplay and level designs in their previous games was no accident so they know what they are doing. So unless there have been some relevant changes in the Team working on the project it is unlikely that they will stuff this up.

As for the Xbox, as far as I am aware the game will be exclusive to Playstation 2 at the time of release, but that's exactly what was said "at the time of release". So that seems to suggest that it will be coming to other platforms later. And they would be stupid not to, considering Sony wouldn't be paying them for a full exclusive as they are more likely to be focusing on their next console than the minimal sales of an old system that would be achieved from a permanent exclusive. Those sort of strategies are usually reserved for the infancy of a console for maximum effect. So nothing conclusive, but all signs seem to point to them releasing the game on other consoles eventually.

And like you said, thank god you can finally swim!!! It was one of the few things I don't understand (especially since your health counted down slowly). There was probably a gameplay reason or time restriction that lead to it being left out.

> "Being ablt to see the character develope will be a nice thing... Makes you connect a little more."

Yeah that's the thing I'm not to sure about. GTA: RPG :D. But then again the company have earned my trust, so I'll keep the faith.

Regarding the new vehicles I was hoping for a Harrier jet (like in True Lies) and a skateboard (or blades to get around faster on foot) and being able to tear the roofs off cars by going under low overhangs and flinging open doors into the path of motorcyclists and clotheslining them would be cool too. :D