gamedev.net?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• People shy away because there are too many "immature" people. That's how I feel. Everytime I read a thread its all about "You don't know what you are talking about" or "listen retard". If you are trying to learn and just talking to your peers, it gets kind of hard.

But its advantage is that it is a LARGE community. There are a lot of knowledgeable people there, its just getting past the trolls and flamers.
    • Another thing is that there are a lot of ignorant people their who pass on a lot of misinformation as if it's fact. It's really prominent in any sort of thread concerning programming languages (seems to be C#'s turn on the language bashing over at GD.NET). I just have sort of a problem that I ask a rather specific question that I hardly receive any kind of helpful response. So I don't find the forums TOO informative really. :\ Their articles section is very nice though. Plenty of good readings there.
    • RE: gamedev.net?

The articles are great, and the forum search has helped me out a lot. I'm not as active in the forums as I used to be but when I ask for help I've usually been lucky enough to receive it.

The main problem is that the same questions get asked over and over again, and I guess most GameDevvers get fed up with answering them. If you demonstrate when posting a question that you have at least googled and searched the GameDev forums, you'll be much more likely to get help.

I'm no professional though ;)

PS: the Enginuity articles (currently ongoing) are really cool
      pan narrans