Getting theSimple Game Editor working using Visual Studio C# Express 2010

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Getting theSimple Game Editor working using Visual Studio C# Express 2010

I found it difficult to compile and build the Example Game Editor in GCC4 using Visual Studio C# Express 2010. Here are the steps that I followed that worked for me:

1. Replace #include "afxres.h" in Editor.rc with with #include "windows.h" ----> This fix has been mentioned in other threads. Editor.rc is located in Source/GCC4Editor/GCC4EditorDLL/

2. Build GCC4EditorDLL_2010 project in Visual C++ 2010 Express. The Express Edition of C# will not compile and build a C++ project. Pay attention to where the GCC4EditorDLL_2010.dll ends up; you'll need it in step 5.

3. In Visual Studio C# Express for Editor project, it is most likely that the Working Directory field in Properties->Debug is not correct (D:\ProjectsSVN\GameCode4\Dev\Game\). Change it to match where the Game directory is located on your machine.

4.Open Source/GCC4Editor/EditorApp/TeapotWarsEditorApp_2010.csproj in your favorite text or XML editor. Change both EnableUnmanagedDebugging from true to false.

5. In Visual Studio C# Express, right-click TeapotWarsEditorApp_2010 and choose Add->Existing Item... and add GCC4EditorDLL_2010.dll from step 2.

You should be able to compile, build, and run the Game Editor.

:)
      -Troy