Web site upgrade a-coming!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Web site upgrade a-coming!

Hey folks - it's finally time to upgrade the web site software. This old forum has been chugging along for over 10 years, believe it or not, and the company that makes it hasn't been sitting still.

Soooooo......be prepared to see a little goofy behavior going on over the next few days.

One really nice upgrade is the new site will have a mobile version, and links to share posts on social media sites.

So cross your fingers and hold on to yer butts - I'm digging into MySQL backup and restore commands!
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • RE: Web site upgrade a-coming!

Rez would probably appreciate it if I'd check the site via mobile too!
      Mr.Mike
    • I often check with my phone as well. :)

Yay!

So... what's the eta? (Do you like the role reversal? An engineer asking a producer for time estimates?)

-Rez
    • I'm hoping to get to it this weekend, actually!
      Mr.Mike
    • Of course I attempted the migration and got a wierd crash in the data importation. Grrrr..... why can't things just work! Dang programmers.

Of course maybe importing data from a 10 year old database configuration should have some expected bumps...
      Mr.Mike
    • I'm still working on it.....it turns out the site software is so old I have to upgrade it to an interim version, then I can upgrade it to the latest.

I'll probably get her all done this weekend - but passwords might have to be reset and some other goofy stuff might happen.
      Mr.Mike