3rd party libs for VS2013?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• mrmike wrote:

Yup. Just some linker errors to take care of. We are close - I jacked around with the copyalllibs_vs2013 script today to make things easier to maintain. The bullet libraries have been renamed - that's why the linker error is happening.

I'm getting Lua linker errors on my end and some goofy stuff with the effects11.lib. I'll look into it at lunch tomorrow.

I got this to work, i.e. all libraries build, and the game builds and runs os VS2013 Community Update 5. If there's any interest, I could make my changes available in GitHub.

EDIT: It's on GitHub. The 3rd party libs are available on Dropbox.

In case anyone is interested, I also got it working on VS2015 - refer to the GitHub repo, and the 3rd party libs are available on Dropbox.

The post was edited 3 times, last by georgerbr ().

• georgerbr wrote:

mrmike wrote:

Yup. Just some linker errors to take care of. We are close - I jacked around with the copyalllibs_vs2013 script today to make things easier to maintain. The bullet libraries have been renamed - that's why the linker error is happening.

I'm getting Lua linker errors on my end and some goofy stuff with the effects11.lib. I'll look into it at lunch tomorrow.

I got this to work, i.e. all libraries build, and the game builds and runs os VS2013 Community Update 5. If there's any interest, I could make my changes available in GitHub.

In case anyone is interested, I also got it working on VS2015 - refer to the GitHub repo, and the 3rd party libs are available on Dropbox.

Awesome!! Mike and I will check it out and assuming we don't run into any issues, we'll push it to the official main dev line.

-Rez
    • georgerbr wrote:

mrmike wrote:

Hi,

I can't get it to compile on VisualStudio 2015 Community Edition and Windows 10.
      Could somebody help me? Or do I have to install VS 2013?
    • Oh man, I have no idea. We JUST got Windows 8 / VS 2013 working (and by "we" I mean georgerbr). Neither of us are on Windows 10 or VS 2015....

What errors are you getting?

-Rez
    • dpd wrote:

Hi,

I can't get it to compile on VisualStudio 2015 Community Edition and Windows 10.
      Could somebody help me? Or do I have to install VS 2013?

To quote Rez, what errors do you get in VS2015? Could you copy and paste them?

I don't know whether you *have* to install VS2013; it was never a problem for me since I have both VS2013 and VS2015 installed on my laptop. But the code is largely untouched, the "conversion" consisted mostly of building the relevant libraries; I suppose VS2015 would suffice.

Also, did you install the Microsoft DirectX SDK?
    • rezination wrote:

georgerbr wrote:

mrmike wrote:

Awesome!! Mike and I will check it out and assuming we don't run into any issues, we'll push it to the official main dev line.

-Rez

Hi Rez,
      Have you and Mike had the opportunity to look at the changes I did last year? I just (re)installed Windows 10 + VS2015 and built the game – it ran just fine. I suppose it could be useful to new readers.
    • narshe wrote:

It would be useful to me! I had to install VS 2010 just to build, and then I debug with with 2015 after that.

You can use download and use it already. In my previous post, you'll find links to
      - my GitHub repository where I uploaded source code that is compatible with VS2015 and VS2013 (I created a branch for each);
      - updated third-party libraries I built and uploaded to Dropbox (there is one build for VS2015 and another for VS2013).
    • No, I haven't. To be perfectly honest, I totally forgot you had done this. :(

Can you create a pull request for the VS 2015 version of your code? I'll take a look at the diffs.

I need to chat with Mike first, but my thought is that we should make a public VS 2010 branch for people who want it. This will essentially be an archive branch that likely won't be updated. The Master branch will be updated to work with Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition, which is completely free. That seems like the best of both worlds.

Let me know once it's up.

-Rez
    • rezination wrote:

No, I haven't. To be perfectly honest, I totally forgot you had done this. :(

Can you create a pull request for the VS 2015 version of your code? I'll take a look at the diffs.

I need to chat with Mike first, but my thought is that we should make a public VS 2010 branch for people who want it. This will essentially be an archive branch that likely won't be updated. The Master branch will be updated to work with Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition, which is completely free. That seems like the best of both worlds.

Let me know once it's up.

-Rez

The pull request for the VS2015 version is up. The commit message has a link to the third-party libraries.

Those interested in building with VS2013 can refer to my previous post.
    • rezination wrote:

but my thought is that we should make a public VS 2010 branch for people who want it. This will essentially be an archive branch that likely won't be updated. The Master branch will be updated to work with Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition, which is completely free. That seems like the best of both worlds.

You can just add a tag of "VS 2010" or whatever to master at the current commit and just make the changes. If you ever need to make changes, you can branch at that time from the tagged commit.
    • This has been merged in to the master branch. The third party libs zip file will need to live somewhere off of github, so we're going to figure out where to put it (possibly directly on this site). I tested it in Win32 Debug. x64 doesn't work, but it never did and that's a whole other issue (64-bit apps weren't as popular 6 years ago).

I'll post again once everything's said and done.

-Rez
    • narshe wrote:

You can just add a tag of "VS 2010" or whatever to master at the current commit and just make the changes. If you ever need to make changes, you can branch at that time from the tagged commit.

Meh, I didn't bother. Visual Studio 2010 is pretty much dead and people really should move over to 2015. The free version isn't stripped down like the free version of 2010.

-Rez