Market for classic games?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Market for classic games?

Originally posted by Gerry
      The head movement when using mouse is just too unrealistic so you know your playing a game.

But you can aim much faster and with pin-point accuracy, allowing for a quicker, more fluid game experience (especially in 2-player). I'll take playability over realism every time. I prefer joypads for racing and platform games, but for FPS and strategy games I want my mouse :)

I've played 2-player on both XBox and PC and much prefered the PC version.
      pan narrans
    • RE: Market for classic games?

Originally posted by pan narrans
      But you can aim much faster and with pin-point accuracy, allowing for a quicker, more fluid game experience (especially in 2-player).

I'll give you everything up there ^^^ except for "more fluid". Instant Look mouse control ends up making the game look like it has a bad frame rate.

As for playability and realism, I'd say this falls into the 50% where the two go hand in hand... playability = realism; There are very few things that are more fun than killing somebody in front of you and preceding to dive behind a wall while spinning around to kill the guy who was creeping up behind you for an easy kill. This incorporates a higher level of planning and timing which makes things fun. Well I believe so anyway. (was picturing the bottom of the steps outside the bathroom in the Facility on License To Kill mode, when I wrote that, Goldeneye of course. That game just wouldn't of been the same with Instant Look.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gerry ().