eBook

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any free download or online viewing is almost certainly an illegal copy. There is only one exception to that rule. Most colleges now have online electronic viewing for many of their books. If you attend a college that offers an "E-viewing" library service then you can view probably view the book online. For example, here is a link to the University of Houston online library.

uh.summon.serialssolutions.com…?s.q=game+coding+complete

I don't know about you but I personally prefer a hard copy. But that's just my preference, I guess I'm a little too old. I suppose online viewing is what the kids are into now-a-days, what with all their ipods and gizmos and gadgets and what not. In my days, I had to walk 30 miles in the snow with mountain lions and zombie-hippies to get my game coding complete, and we were better programmers for it!
    • Any site that allows you to download the entirety of the book for free is doing so illegally. If you find them, let me know and I'll send word to the publisher.

Unfortunately these sites are usually located in areas that don't pursue these matters - online digital piracy typically falls pretty far down in many of these countries lists of top problems....
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • I believe this problem is temporary - but I don't know how long it will take to clear things up. If I hear any thing I'll post.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • We actually have no control over this; it's 100% in the hands of the publisher.

I remember back when this was first brought up we did send a message asking them about it, but I don't remember what the resolution was. I think Mike spoke directly to our contact. He might remember what happened.

-Rez
    • ValidUsername wrote:

Any chance bringing it up again might make a difference?

No, I don't think so. We've already brought it up and Cengage has gone through some reorganization, so I'm not even sure who our contact is over there anymore. If they were going to do it, they would have done it already.

Any idea why they wouldn't sell it as an ebook?

Nope, I have no idea. Like I said, it's all the publisher. We have no insight into their distribution. It doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, I don't have the full picture. Maybe there's a really good reason?

Personally, it's pretty clear that most people are going digital for their books so unless there's some kind of weird tax thing, I can't see why they wouldn't.

-Rez