Importing UVs from Maya

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Importing UVs from Maya

Hey guys, after spending the whole day looking for information on how to properly handle the UV coordinates that Maya exports, I've finally given up.

We all know that DirectX and OpenGL use different UV coordinate convention, but this generally fixed by flipping the V coordinate.

Well, I've tried that and many other things, and it doesn't matter how close I get, in the end my UV coordinates are not RIGHT.

So, anybody has dealt with Maya before, more specifically exporting/importing OBJ files?

Thanks in advance for any info on this!
      Intel i7 3930k
      8GB Mushkin LP @ 2133 mhz
      GTX 680
      Asus Rampage IV Extreme
      Corsair 650w
    • I've never seen this issue before, as i've never worked with openGL. But my suggestion would be to make things as simple as possible, and try to figure out how the UV corrdinates are mapped from there. For example, use a very simple plane object that only has 2 triangles for 4 total vertices. Map a simple texture to it that has it's corners easily identified, then see what happens when you play with the UV mappings in your code. Then work your way up to more complex object shapes from there.
    • That's a great idea.....I will definitely have to try that. I guess I better talk to my artist guy to see what he can do for me.

I just thought there would be some documentation on this!!!
      Intel i7 3930k
      8GB Mushkin LP @ 2133 mhz
      GTX 680
      Asus Rampage IV Extreme
      Corsair 650w