Help me get started

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help me get started

Hi,

I received the book a couple of days ago and it is great, it really teaches more than just "code this and that".
      But I have a problem, I come from the Java world and even if I know C++ I don't know too much the Windows specific stuffs.
      I am at the chapter about the initialization and even though I understand the different functions/methods I don't really get where is the entry point of the program.
      Of course I looked at the source code from the "Google code" but I don't know where to start. For example if I want to make the Initialization class by reading the explanation of the functions (I need code to learn) but I'm not sure how I should handle the includes of all the standard or external libraries or which class will call this one.

Can you give me one or two advice on this ?

Best regards,

rXp>!<
    • C++ entry point is always the "main" function.
      Windows overrides this with the "WinMain" (or wWinMain) function.

In the GCC source code, the main entry point is in the TeapotWars project, in TeapotWars.cpp.

There is an entry point defined for the engine which is in GCC4/GameCode4/GameCode4.cpp. But this is just a function that is called by the TeapotWars entry point.